Your family loves banana bread, but you’d like to cook another recipe that they’ll love, but which is different? The recipe that we propose to you meets all your expectations.
This cherry bread is different, delicious, and easy to make! What better way to please your family?
Your family will enjoy this delicious cherry bread that is soft and moist.
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 jars of maraschino cherries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, milk, oil, and egg.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Drain the maraschino cherries, reserving the juice.
- Chop the cherries in your food processor or with a knife.
- Gently fold the cherries into the dough mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, cherry juice, and almond extract.
- Spread the icing on top of the bread.
In the comment section, tell us what your family’s favorite dessert is.