Hey there, fellow food lovers! This is your friend from Ineskohl Kitchen, getting ready to share with you a delightful dish that recently set my taste buds on a joy ride. Trust me, after reading through this recipe, you will be running to your kitchen to whip it up. It’s none other than the mouth-watering Shredded Beef Taquitos! Yeah, you heard me right!
But first, let’s get something out of the way: these are not just any taquitos, they’re the real deal! If you don’t own a pressure cooker, don’t sweat it; I’ve got you covered with alternative instructions. So, without further ado, let’s dive right in and get cooking!
- 3 pounds of beef chuck, cut into large chunks (Trust me on this, the chunkier, the better)
- 1 cup of beef broth (for that deep, meaty flavor)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon each of cumin, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil for searing
- Flour tortillas (about 8 inches in diameter)
- Shredded cheese, as per your preference
For the Avocado Crema:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- Start by prepping the beef. Sear your beef chunks in a heated pressure cooker with some avocado oil. This step is crucial to lock in all those juices and flavors and gives your beef a wonderful color.
- Once your beef chunks have developed a beautiful sear on all sides, add in your beef broth, diced onion, sliced red pepper, and all your seasoning. Give it a little mix to ensure your beef chunks are not just sitting on top. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Now, here comes the pressure cooking part. Lock your pressure cooker and set it to high pressure for 55 minutes. Make sure you let it naturally release pressure; it’s essential to keeping the beef tender.
- Don’t have a pressure cooker? No problem. Set your oven to 350°F and let it do its magic for about 3 hours. Just remember to check on it after two and a half hours.
- While your beef is cooking, let’s get started on the Avocado Crema. Combine all the Crema ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Once the beef is done, allow it to cool before shredding it. Mix in some shredded cheese and set aside.
- Warm up your flour tortillas on a flat top to make them more pliable, fill them with the shredded beef, roll them up tightly, and fry them seam-side down in a pan with oil until golden brown on both sides. This step is all about creating those crispy, delicious taquitos we all love!
- Serve your taquitos over a bed of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes, drizzle with the creamy avocado crema, and sprinkle with cotija cheese. And there you have it! Your very own homemade Shredded Beef Taquitos.
Trust me, these taquitos will be the star of any gathering. They’re crunchy, they’re beefy, they’re absolutely delightful, and the avocado crema is just the cherry on top.
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to your kitchen and whip up these