Do you love Mediterranean-inspired food? Do you live only for Greek cuisine? If so, you probably know about Greek potatoes. If you want more than anything to cook authentic Greek potatoes, the following recipe is THE recipe you should keep.
The potato is the perfect accompaniment to most dishes, it can be prepared in a thousand ways. Greek potatoes are certainly the ultimate side dish. Bursting with flavor, these potatoes will be a hit with your family and guests alike.
What’s even more wonderful is that they are super easy to prepare and don’t require much preparation.
The perfect accompaniment to just about any meal!
- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes for 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your potatoes.
- Cook at 400 degrees f for 40 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, increase the temperature of the broiler.
- As the barbecue season is approaching, you may want to use the barbecue instead of finishing baking.
In the comment section, tell us which Greek dish you absolutely can’t resist. How did you discover this dish? Did you try it for the first time in a restaurant or at a friend’s house? Did you cook it yourself?