Pound cake lemon is a recipe from English cuisine, but it has spread in all countries of the world, and each country has a special character and a special flavor that is added according to the taste of the people. Lemon sauce is an addition to those who love the lemon flavor, but it is possible to make this recipe without the sauce and you will also like the taste of this wonderful cake and its crisp texture
Ingredients for a lemon cake pound:
For the cake:
- two cups of flour
- Two small spoons of baking powder
- A quarter teaspoon of salt
- The rind of two lemons
- A cup of soft butter
- Soft cream cheese 150 gr
- A cup and a half of fine sugar
- A small spoon of vanilla
- Four eggs
- Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
For the lemon sauce:
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Three-quarters of a cup is a fine sugar
- A small spoon of butter
- Half a teaspoon of liquid vanilla
- For decoration, fine sugar
How to make a lemon pound cake:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, we need an English cake mold
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and add lemon zest to them and leave them aside
- In a mixer bowl, put the butter, cheese, and sugar and beat on medium speed until the mixture becomes crisp like cream, then add vanilla
- We add an egg and two tablespoons of flour and beat on a slow speed until the egg disappears and repeat the same process until the number of eggs ends, then add the rest of the flour and lemon juice
- Beat on medium speed for a minute, then place the cake mixture into the pan
- We bake the cake for 45 minutes and test its maturity by inserting a thin wooden stick, the stick should come out clean
- In a small stainless steel saucepan, put lemon juice, sugar, butter, and vanilla and put them on low heat until the sugar melts with stirring, let the sauce cook for a minute and keep it hot until the cake is removed from the oven. We take out the pan from the oven and do not remove it from the pan, using a wooden stick with holes in it and spread the hot lemon sauce. We leave the cake with the mold until it absorbs all the sauce
- Put the cake on a serving plate, leave it to cool completely, and sprinkle fine sugar over it before serving
This looks and sounds absolutely Amazing! I will have to google the cream cheese oz, as well as the oven temp. Cannot wait to try this.
Nay-Nay, I just wanted to say hello because my childhood nickname was Nay Nay!
Making the lemon poundcake tommorow,love your receipts,but you need to tell me what a small spoon is and what is 170 grams are?
Omg that lemon cake looks awesome! All of the recipes look delicious……I would love to try every cake you have posted……if only I wasn’t a diabetic!
How much is a small spoon.