INGREDIENTS FOR THE SPONGE CAKE: USE 1 MOLD OF 10 CM DIAMETER X 10 CM HIGH
- 180 grams of wheat flour without leaveners
- 160 grams of brown sugar
- 30 grams of Syrup or corn syrup
- 60 grams of sunflower oil
- 60 grams of unsalted butter, melted
- 60 grams of Orange juice
- 100 grams of liquid milk
- One Egg
- One teaspoon of Soda / Bicarbonate of Soda
- One teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Grated peel of an Orange
- First, preheat the oven to 180º.
- Grease and/or flour the molds and leave them ready.
- In a bowl, mix the liquid ingredients with a whisk, then add the dry ingredients and finish blending everything well.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- REMEMBER: the temperature and time that I have used is merely indicative, each oven is different, my recommendation: know your oven, become its new best friend, you will avoid mischief and mischief in the future.
- Remove from the oven and let stand on racks for better ventilation, after about 5 or 10 minutes, proceed to unmold.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROWN BUTTERCREAM:
- 300 grams of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 300 grams of icing sugar
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with 150 grams of butter until it begins to brown, remove and let cool in a bowl.
- Once cooled, mix the two butters in the mixer with the paddle, and beat until whipped.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until you have a whitish and fluffy cream.
BANANA TOFFEE INGREDIENTS:
- 8 tablespoons of water
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 2 bananas
- First we cut the plantain in slices of about 1 cm.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with sugar and water until golden brown.
- Add the butter and the banana, stir for another minute, remove and cool.
- HOW TO ASSEMBLE OUR SPICED CAKE WITH BANANA TOFFEE AND BROWN BUTTERCREAM?
- Cut the cake into 3 equal parts.
- Transfer the brown buttercream to a piping bag (use Wilton 1M nozzle).
- Alternate layers of brown buttercream and banana toffee filling until finished.
- If you want to continue covering the cake as I did, with a spatula give a first layer of crumbs to the cake and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Give another layer again, decorate with some Banana Toffee to give the Drip Cake touch… All that’s left is to enjoy it next to the Christmas Tree!
Difficulty in finding the ingredients: none.
Fact: have the cake overnight, it will intensify the flavor of the spices, therefore, it will be richer.
If you want a tender and juicy cake, when it is still warm, cover it with cling film, put it in the fridge and let it rest for 24 hours or more (remember that you can freeze your cakes) when you are going to decorate it, take it out 30 minutes before, you will see that it will be much more juicy and tender.
You can freeze the brown Buttercream and use it later.