This tomato salad is perfect for those days when you want something light and you are looking for an easy and delicious side dish.
I added diced Panela cheese, but if you are looking for a vegan option you can omit it and it is also delicious.
The secret of these salads is to use fresh ingredients to enhance the flavor of the delicious vegetables. With only three ingredients it is very easy to flavor this dish.
For this salad, I use a different proportion than a vinaigrette, since I use little oil and more vinegar. You can find red wine vinegar in any supermarket, it is not expensive, a bottle. It lasts a long time and the flavor it gives to salads is spectacular.
I served it with my white rice with butter, you can’t imagine the flavor, it’s delicious, and with some grilled chicken breasts. A homemade meal is full of flavor that you and your family will love. Here is the video recipe.
- 1 small cucumber peeled & seeded (1 cup)
- 2 chopped red tomatoes
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup cubed Panela cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix olive oil, oregano, vinegar, or lemon juice in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, Panela cheese and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Vinegar: If you can’t get red wine vinegar you could change it for lemon juice, the flavor will change a lot but it should still have a rich flavor.