A cake composed of chocolate cookies and layers of chocolate Ganache, topped with chocolate icing.
For 6 people
For the cookie(s):
- Egg(s): 5 piece(s)
- Powdered sugar: 150 g
- Wheat flour: 135 g
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: 15 g
For the Ganache:
- Whole liquid cream: 20 cl
- Dark chocolate: 200 g
- Peanut oil: 8 cl
- Dark chocolate: 150 g
- For the mold (s)
- Soft butter: 10 g
- Wheat flour: 10 g
1. FOR THE COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (th. 6-7).
- Butter and flour the pan.
- Mix and sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Using a mixer, blanch the eggs and sugar until the mixture is well frothy and has tripled in volume. The consistency is good when traces can be formed which remain drawn for a few seconds on the surface.
- Incorporate then delicately the flour-cocoa mixture in powder with the help of a Maryse, then pour immediately the sponge cake in the mold.
- Bake at 200 °C for 20 minutes and then allow to cool completely.
2. FOR THE GANACHE
- Place the chocolate pieces in a salad bowl.
- Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan, then pour half of it over the chocolate pieces. When the chocolate has melted, stir gently, starting from the center of the bowl and working toward the edges.
- Finally, stir in the remaining cream and allow it to cool slightly.
3. FOR THE ICING
- Melt the chocolate with the oil in a double boiler.
4. FOR DRESSING
- When the cake has completely cooled, cut it into 3 discs. Place a layer of ganache between each sponge cake disc and finish with a layer of ganache. Then pour the hot icing on top and let it coat the whole cake.
- Let stand in a cool place to allow the icing to set. Serve in portions.