An easy-to-make vegetable soup with ground beef. Perfect for winter days.
Ready in : 1h35min
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (398 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 can (398 ml) whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 can (398 ml) of peas, with their liquid
- 1 can (341 ml) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (398 ml) green beans, cut, drained
- ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
Steps of preparation
- Cook ground beef in a large saucepan over medium heat until evenly browned, 7-10 minutes. Drain off as much fat as possible.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, peas, and their liquid, corn, and green beans; season with salt and pepper, thyme, and bay leaves. Add 1/4 cup of water if there seems to be a lack of liquid. Add more water during cooking if there is some missing. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.