If you are looking for a fun and easy-to-make recipe, this Walking Taco bake is perfect for dinner. And, if you love super cheesy baked potatoes just like I do, then I promise that you are going to love this one. It is super yummy!
Make this Walking Taco bake the next time you have friends or family over (especially if they are kids or college students). You won’t regret it. You will easily get both an A+ in the dinner table department and love from everyone at the same time. And since this recipe requires only a few ingredients that most families have readily available at home, it is bound to be a huge hit!
Do you know what a Walking Taco is? If not, don’t worry. Here I will turn your guesses into facts and truths. Just read on to reveal how fun a Walking Taco bake can be.
What Is A Walking Taco?
The walking taco is just a witty name for the favorite taco ingredients stuffed within a Fritos or Doritos chip bag. The best part is that you don’t have to walk as the name hints, lol!
Since its inception, the walking taco has been a staple in every tailgate & bachelorette party. The classic combo of seasoned ground beef & Fritos as a buffer for warm cheese sauce is absolutely mouth-watering. However, I wanted more — a fantastic variety of flavors in one bite. So I tried this walking taco bake. It turned out absolutely delicious, just as I wanted.
How To Make Walking Taco Bake?
Let’s begin making a walking taco bake. I’ve put together a fast and easy-to-make Walking Tacos recipe the whole family will love! These Baked Walking Tacos come together in a snap, making them the perfect game day recipe. I’m sure your kids will also like helping you in the preparation. You can bake this at any time.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Chili Cheese Fritos
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 can of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup of water
- Brown the beef or turkey until it changes its color. Remove the fat and stir in taco seasoning. Pour water.
- Stir and let it simmer over low flame until the liquid has been evaporated and the beef is thoroughly seasoned.
- In the bottom of an 8 × 8 baking pan, layer the Fritos. On top of the Fritos, place the seasoned meat.
- Mix the cheese soup with the milk in a saucepan over a low flame. When hot, drizzle the cheese sauce over the meat mixture. Spread shredded mozzarella cheese evenly on the top.
- Bake at 350°F (preheated oven) for 12-14 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Take the pan out of the oven. Then dig into this melt-in-your-mouth cheesy goodness! And, enjoy!!!