American Cheesecake is a very famous dessert; in fact, we can get and taste it anywhere globally, but we can also prepare it at home with this easy and practical recipe if we can’t travel.
The classic cookie base and a cream cheese baked in the oven, a delight! As always, the final touch of the authentic New York cheesecake is the blueberry jam, but if you want to change this detail, you are free to do so, so don’t make excuses, and let’s get cooking!
Ingredients to make Woolworth Cheesecake:
- 1 package of Digestive Biscuits
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp of butter
- 3.33 cups of cream cheese
- 150 grams of sugar (¾ cup)
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 grams of heavy cream or Crème Fraiche
- ½ Lemon (zest)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blueberry jam
How to make Woolworth Cheesecake:
- We list all the ingredients and turn on the oven to preheat it to 180 ºC.
- Having this ready, we start by making the base for the Cheesecake. To do this, take the cookies and crush them with the mixer until they are very fine, almost powdered. Add the softened butter and mix well until you get a homogeneous and uniform dough.
- Then add the dough to a special removable baking pan and press with your fingers on the bottom and walls until it is an even layer. Bake the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake base from the oven and raise the temperature to about 200 ºC.
- Next, it is time to make the cream cheese. Then, beat the cheese for about 30 seconds, add and beat the sugar, flour, zest, vanilla, eggs, egg yolks, and finally, the cream.
- When you have a completely integrated and homogeneous mixture, pour it into the mold and put it in the oven.
- After the first 15 minutes of cooking the Cheesecake, lower the oven temperature to 100 ºC and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Then, turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for another hour with the oven door ajar.
- Finally, remove the American Cheesecake from the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Unmold and cover it to taste with blueberry jam or red fruit jam.
- Reserve in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, and it is ready to taste.
- I hope you liked it. You dare to prepare the authentic New York Cheesecake recipe with RecetasGratis and remember that you can always give your personal touch to this rich American Cheesecake, adding the topping you like the most as dulce de leche, for example.
We look forward to your comments!
If you liked the American cheesecake recipe, we suggest you visit our Desserts Recipes category.