These coconut and chocolate balls are easy to prepare, with very few ingredients and simple preparation. They are very typical in Christmas sweet tables, but they can be prepared all year round.
INGREDIENTS for about 18 balls
For the filling
- 3 cups of grated coconut
- 1 cup of sugar
- 120 ml water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
For the topping
- 1 1/4 of dark chocolate for melting
- 1 3/4 tablespoons of butter
PREPARATION of the Coconut and Chocolate Balls
- We put the water with the sugar and the vanilla in a saucepan, heat stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. It is not necessary to boil a lot; get the sugar perfectly dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut, mixing well to integrate everything into a dough.
- Let the mixture cool, and it is better to let it rest for a couple of hours in the refrigerator to become more compact and easier to work with.
- Once chilled, form the balls. Put on latex gloves or grease your hands with sunflower oil.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler or the microwave and mix well. Here you can see our tips to melt the chocolate well.
- Prick the coconut balls with a toothpick and dip them well on all sides in chocolate, drain a little and place on a flat surface on glossy baking paper.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time so that the chocolate compacts.
TIPS AND COMMENTS
If you prefer, you can keep the coconut balls in the freezer and eat them as small ice creams. The texture is more consistent but very pleasant.