Quick and easy to make, these lightly spiced steak bites are perfect as an appetizer or as a main dish with rice and vegetables.
- 1 lb (454 g) sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chili paste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 limes, zest, and juice
- Cut steak into 1-inch strips, then cut strips in half.
- Place steak in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to coat steak with spice mixture.
- Add chili paste and honey. Stir to coat steak well.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Hold one hand about 6 inches above the pan and when you can feel the heat, add the olive oil and swirl it around the pan.
- Add the steak in a single layer to the bottom of the pan.
- Sear the steak for 1 minute, then flip the pieces with tongs or a spatula.
- Sear steak on the other side for 1 minute, then remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Add lime zest and juice to the hot pan, mix well and pour over steak.
- Serve hot.