Do you like cabbage rolls, but you don’t like to roll them?
Good news! No more rolling! All your favorite ingredients are now in a nice bowl of soup!
The same great taste as cabbage rolls, but in a heart-warming soup that takes only a few minutes to prepare. It makes your mouth water just thinking about it!
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 pound of lean ground pork
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 head of cabbage, grated
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 64 ounces of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 (28 ounces) can of crushed tomatoes with juice
- 12 ounces of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- In a pan, cook the meat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the onion and carrot. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add cabbage and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and parsley, raisins, sugar, vinegar, broth, ketchup, tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then add the meat.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- You will only have to taste it. Enjoy your meal!