Indulge in a creamy, layered dessert with our Chocolate Delight recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen. Packed with a pecan crust, cream cheese, and luscious chocolate, this four-layered treat is perfect for every occasion.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 small packages instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 16 oz. Cool Whip Topping
- 3 cups milk
- Optional: Additional chocolate bar, chopped for garnish
- Prepare the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, all-purpose flour, and finely chopped pecans.
- Mix these ingredients until they start to come together.
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish using the butter wrapper.
- Transfer the crust mixture into the dish and press it out evenly. If needed, use saran wrap to assist in spreading without sticking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow the crust to cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend together room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar. Start at a slow speed to avoid a powdered sugar mess.
- Once smooth and creamy, fold in half of the Cool Whip Topping. If the topping is too firm, you can gently blend it in.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust as evenly as possible.
- Chocolate Layer:
- In the same mixing bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding mix and milk. Start blending on low speed to avoid splattering.
- Continue mixing until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Evenly spread the thickened chocolate pudding layer over the cream cheese layer.
- Final Layer:
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip Topping over the chocolate layer.
- If desired, garnish the top with chopped chocolate bar pieces for an added touch.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably overnight, to let the layers set.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Once chilled, slice the dessert into squares and serve.
- Revel in the layers of deliciousness and be ready for the compliments!
- Pecans: Make sure to finely chop the pecans to get a cohesive crust. A food processor works best for this.
- Crust: If you’re finding it difficult to spread the crust evenly, using a piece of saran wrap between your hand and the dough can help smooth it out without sticking.
- Chilling Time: While 4 hours is the minimum for chilling, letting it sit overnight really allows the flavors to meld and the layers to set perfectly.
- Serving: Use a sharp knife to cut the dessert into squares, and clean the knife between cuts for neat, clean edges.
- Nut-Free: You can omit the pecans from the crust if you’re catering to a nut-free audience.
- Different Pudding Flavors: Feel free to experiment with different pudding flavors. Vanilla or butterscotch could make for interesting variations.
- Add Fruits: For a fresh twist, add a layer of sliced bananas or strawberries on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Chocolate Garnish: Instead of a chocolate bar, you could use chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, or even a drizzle of chocolate syrup as a garnish.