Craving a crispy, cheesy potato side dish? These Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are about to become your new obsession. Golden, garlic-infused potatoes get a flavor and texture upgrade thanks to an Italian seasoned panko topping that bakes into an irresistibly crispy crust.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can level up an ordinary side into something extraordinary. Take your potato game over the top with this easy recipe that delivers big flavors and textures in every crunchy, cheese-coated bite.
This recipe when viral for good reason – one bite of these OMG-good spuds and you’ll be hooked! Keep reading for my step-by-step method to make these Parmesan Crusted Potatoes at home. I’ll even share a few serving suggestions and storage tips to make this crowd-pleasing side dish a staple in your dinner rotation.
Indulge in these insanely delicious potatoes loaded with cheese and seasonings. With a crispy, herb-infused exterior and a fluffy interior, this easy side dish will be your new go-to!
What kind of potatoes work best?
I recommend using petite potatoes like baby golds or fingerlings. The small uniform size helps them cook evenly. Russets or Yukon golds can also be used if cut into 1-inch pieces.
Can I prepare this ahead of time?
Yes! Assemble the potatoes in the baking dish up to a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Add 5-10 extra minutes to the bake time.
Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! Simply double all the ingredients and use a larger baking dish. You may need to bake a bit longer if using a deeper dish.
What can I serve these potatoes with?
These easy cheesy spuds pair well with just about anything! Try them with chicken, beef, pork, fish and more. They also make a great vegetarian main course.
- 454g baby gold potatoes, washed and halved
- 57g unsalted butter, melted
- 15g minced garlic
- 80g grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Wash the baby gold potatoes well and halve them. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, 1/3 cup (53g) Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well until a smooth, spreadable paste forms.
- Spread the seasoned butter mixture evenly over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place the potato halves cut-side down in a single layer on top of the butter mixture.
- Brush the top and sides of the potatoes lightly with olive oil and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup (27g) Parmesan cheese over them.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender and the cheese is browned and crusty. (Source: Ineskohl.info)
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Allow potatoes to cool 5 minutes before serving for the best texture.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan, parsley, green onions or paprika.
- Substitute ghee or olive oil if you want a dairy-free version.
- For crispiest results, make sure potatoes have direct contact with the seasoned butter mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 4 days; reheat in oven or microwave.
Make this easy side dish on your next Meatless Monday or pair it with chicken, steak or fish. However you serve them, these crispy crusty potatoes are sure become a new family favorite! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.