Delve into the creamy goodness of Key Lime Pie! With a crunchy Biscoff cookie crust and zesty filling, this pie offers a symphony of flavors. A simple step-by-step recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen. Dive in today!
Welcome to Ineskohl Kitchen! Today, we’ll journey into the realm of sweet, tangy delight with a pie recipe that’s truly sublime. Introducing the Creamy Key Lime Pie with a twist of Biscoff Cookie crust. It’s zesty, creamy, and crunchy with every bite, a perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 8 oz (227g) Biscoff cookies (or graham crackers, if preferred)
- 4 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg yolks
- Zest of 3 key limes (or regular limes, if unavailable)
- 21 oz (about 1.5 cans) sweetened condensed milk
- Key lime juice (from several key limes, depending on size and juiciness)
- 1 cup (240 mL) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preparing the Biscoff Cookie Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a food processor, combine the Biscoff cookies and pulse until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and pulse again until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until you sense a fragrant aroma. It should slightly darken at the edges. Set aside but keep it warm.
- Making the Key Lime Filling:
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the egg yolks and lime zest. Whisk until it turns a light lemon color.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Slowly drizzle in the key lime juice while continuing to mix on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Pour the lime mixture into the warm Biscoff crust, ensuring it’s evenly spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until it’s partially set.
- Allow the pie to cool and then refrigerate for several hours or overnight for the best consistency.
- Whipped Cream Topping:
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Once the pie has set, pipe or dollop the whipped cream over the top.
- Sprinkle with some more key lime zest for added color and flavor.
- Serve and Enjoy! Slice and serve your pie, ensuring each slice gets a good amount of that delicious whipped cream.
Variations and Tips:
- Alternative crusts: While the Biscoff crust is a delicious choice, you can experiment with gingersnap, chocolate cookie, or even a pretzel crust for a salty twist!
- Decor: Apart from lime zest, consider garnishing with thinly sliced lime wheels, fresh mint leaves, or even a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes for a tropical touch.
- Texture: If you prefer a denser filling, you can add an extra egg yolk. For a lighter version, fold in a cup of whipped cream into the key lime filling before pouring it into the crust.
Ineskohl Kitchen Notes: We absolutely adore hearing your feedback! Remember, baking is as much about experimenting as it is about following a recipe. Feel free to get creative and make this pie your own. Whatever tweaks you choose, savor the journey and the destination. 🍋💛