Hey there, foodies! It’s Ines from Ineskohl Kitchen, and today we’re going to take a trip down memory lane with a deliciously nostalgic dessert: Kool-Aid Pie. You heard me right, we’re making a pie with Kool-Aid! Trust me, it’s going to be a hit at your next gathering. So let’s get started, shall we?
Can I use a homemade pie crust instead of a store-bought one?
Of course! If you prefer making your pie crust from scratch, go for it. Just make sure it’s fully baked and cooled before adding the Kool-Aid filling.
Can I make this recipe with other types of whipped topping?
You bet! If you don’t have Cool Whip or prefer a different brand, any whipped topping should work just fine. Just make sure it’s thawed and easy to mix with the other ingredients.
How long can I store the Kool-Aid Pie in the fridge?
Kool-Aid Pie will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, as long as it’s properly covered. But, let’s be honest, it probably won’t last that long once your family gets a taste!
Can I freeze the Kool-Aid Pie for later?
Yes, you can! To freeze, wrap the pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, let it thaw in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Can I use different flavors of Kool-Aid in one pie?
Get creative! If you want to experiment with multiple flavors, feel free to do so. Just divide the filling and mix each flavor separately, then layer or swirl them in the pie crust for a fun, colorful twist.
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand preferred)
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip (half of a 16 oz tub)
- 2 packets of your favorite Kool-Aid flavor
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1/2 capful of vanilla extract (optional)
- First, let’s pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, scoop out half of the Cool Whip (8 oz) and add it to the bowl with the milk.
- Now comes the fun part! Choose your favorite Kool-Aid flavor and add two packets to the mixture. (I personally love cherry, but feel free to get creative with flavors like orange, lemon, strawberry, or grape!)
- Mix everything together until it’s fully combined and the color is vibrant. You’ll notice the aroma of your chosen Kool-Aid flavor filling the air, and it’s going to smell amazing.
- Optional step: Add 1/2 capful of vanilla extract to the mixture for a little extra sweetness. This is a personal touch that my grandmother used to do, but it’s not necessary if you prefer to keep it simple. (Source: Ineskohl.info)
- Time to assemble the pie! Grab your pre-made pie crust and carefully fill it with the Kool-Aid mixture, spreading it evenly across the crust.
- Smooth out the top of the pie and then cover it with the plastic lid that comes with the pie crust.
- Place your Kool-Aid Pie in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, or ideally overnight, to set and firm up.
- Once it’s chilled and set, slice it up and serve. This Kool-Aid Pie is sure to be the talk of the party!
And there you have it, folks – a super simple and nostalgic Kool-Aid Pie that will bring back memories and please your taste buds. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.