Dive into the irresistible combination of a classic pizza with all the flavors of a taco! Follow this easy step-by-step Taco Pizza recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen and indulge in a delightful fusion of flavors. Perfect for a quick dinner or lunch!
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust (alternatives: crescent roll dough, biscuit dough or homemade pizza dough)
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning blend (or 1 package of your preferred taco seasoning)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mexican cheese blend, for topping
- Lettuce, shredded, for topping
- Tomatoes, diced, for topping
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the Pizza Crust: Unroll the refrigerated pizza crust onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Stretch it into a rectangular shape, pinching the edges to create a crust. If you’re making two, repeat with the second crust. Pre-bake the crusts in the oven for 9 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cook the Beef: Over medium-high heat, place a skillet and add the ground beef. Break it apart as it cooks. Add the finely chopped onions, mixing them with the beef until the meat is browned and the onions are translucent.
- Season the Meat: Once browned, push the beef to one side and use paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Stir in the taco seasoning. If using a homemade blend, adjust salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Prepare the Base: Microwave the refried beans for one minute to soften. On half of the pre-baked pizza crust, spread a thin layer of the refried beans. On the other half, spread a layer of cheddar cheese soup. If making two pizzas, repeat with the second crust.
- Add the Meat: Distribute the seasoned beef and onion mixture evenly over the two pizza bases.
- Top It Off: Sprinkle a generous amount of the Mexican cheese blend on top of the meat.
- Bake: Put the pizza(s) back into the oven for an additional 8-9 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish: Once out of the oven, top the pizza with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, a drizzle of sour cream, and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve and Enjoy: Cut your taco pizza into slices and enjoy the delightful fusion of taco and pizza flavors!
- Balancing Moisture: To prevent a soggy crust, avoid adding too much of wet toppings. If you’re using tomatoes, you might want to deseed them, and if you’re adding salsa, go for a chunkier variety.
- Make Ahead: The taco meat can be prepared a day in advance. Store in the fridge and reheat slightly before adding to the pizza.
- Cheese Choices: Opt for cheeses that melt well. A combination of cheddar, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella can be delightful.
- Boost the Heat: If you love spicy food, consider adding some diced jalapeños or drizzling the pizza with hot sauce before serving.
- Crust Choices: If you don’t have refrigerated pizza crust, you can make your own dough, or even use tortillas for a super thin and crispy base.
There you have it – a simple yet delicious Taco Pizza to shake up your mealtime. Perfect for when you’re in the mood for something a little different, but still familiar and comforting.
Nutrition (per slice, assuming 8 slices per pizza):
- Calories: 320 kcal
- Protein: 18g
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Sodium: 570mg
- Potassium: 250mg
- Vitamin A: 8% DV (Daily Value)
- Vitamin C: 6% DV
- Calcium: 15% DV
- Iron: 12% DV