Learn how to prepare the healthiest apple butter! This rich apple butter is low in sugar and fat; it’s delicious!
Apple butter is widely used to prepare desserts as it adds consistency and structure to cakes, pancakes, and cupcakes.
It is a healthier alternative to replace jams. Besides, this butter is perfect to combine with fruits, oatmeal bowls, spread on toast, and more.
- 10 granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- PLACE the apples in a pot with the apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, palm sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and salt; when it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cook for one hour.
- STIR the apples together with the liquid and spices; return the mixture to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 40 minutes.
- REMOVE apple butter from heat and let cool completely to room temperature.
- USE this apple butter to prepare desserts or to eat on toast.