Hello, everyone! Welcome back to Ineskohl Kitchen. Today, we’re going to whip up an absolutely divine apple pie filling that will leave you craving for more. This filling isn’t only perfect for pies and tarts, but it can be a delectable topping on ice cream, yogurt, or even oatmeal. What’s better is you can prepare this ahead of time and store it for future use. So let’s dive right in!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 10 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 stick (4 oz or 114g) of unsalted butter
- 4.5 tablespoons (or 50g) of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Now, let’s move on to the process:
- Begin by prepping your apples. You should peel them, remove the core, and slice them into not too thin but not too thick pieces. This ensures that they’ll maintain their structure in the filling without becoming mushy or undercooked.
- Next, you’re going to melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Be careful not to burn it!
- Once your butter is completely melted, add your apple slices. Be careful while doing this to avoid any hot butter splashing.
- With your apples now sizzling in the pan, add in the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Stir everything together, ensuring the apple slices are fully coated in the mixture.
- Cook the mixture until the apples start releasing their juices and everything begins to thicken. Make sure to keep stirring to avoid any burning or sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- If you find that your sauce isn’t thickening as quickly as you’d like, you can speed up the process by diluting another tablespoon of cornstarch in water and adding it to the mixture. Conversely, if the cornstarch makes the sauce too thick or pasty, thin it out by adding some water or extra cream.
- Once you’ve achieved the desired consistency, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in your heavy cream until the sauce becomes silky smooth.
- Allow your apple pie filling to cool completely before using it. If possible, cool it to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator. This makes it much easier to work with later on.
- Voila! Your apple pie filling is ready. You can now use this delicious filling in pies, tarts, or as a topping on other desserts.
With this recipe, you can enjoy the comforting flavors of apples and cinnamon any time you want. Do keep an eye out for our upcoming post, where we will be using this filling in a scrumptious apple pie tart recipe.
Thank you for joining me today in Ineskohl Kitchen. If you enjoyed this recipe, do check out others on our website at https://ineskohl.info. See you soon!
*Remember, it’s always better to use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best results. Enjoy cooking!*