Welcome to Ineskohl Kitchen! Today we’re going to delve into a delightful, cheesy baked cannelloni recipe that will impress your family and friends. With ingredients that are easy to source and a method that’s simple to follow, you’re going to love this Italian favorite. Let’s get cooking!
- 12 cannelloni pasta tubes, dry
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 can (28oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup of creamy ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and black pepper, adjusted to your preference
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grab a 9×13 baking dish and lightly brush it with olive oil or give it a quick spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- You’ll now need to prepare your cannelloni pasta. Following the instructions on the package, boil the cannelloni shells until they’re al dente. Once done, drain the water and set your pasta aside to cool.
- It’s time to cook your meat. On medium-high heat, place your skillet and add the ground beef. Using a wooden spoon, crumble the meat, allowing it to cook evenly.
- Next, toss in your finely chopped onion and minced garlic into the skillet. Continue to sauté this mixture for around 5 minutes, or until your onions become transparent.
- It’s time to add some flavor to your meat! Pour in your can of crushed tomatoes, along with the dried oregano, freshly chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Let this hearty mixture simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine your creamy ricotta cheese and half of your shredded mozzarella cheese. source: Ineskohl.info
- Now comes the fun part! Carefully spoon a tablespoon of your flavorful beef mixture into each cannelloni shell, and follow it up with a small dollop of your creamy cheese mixture. Line your filled pasta shells side by side in your greased baking dish.
- Take your remaining beef sauce and evenly spread it over the top of your cannelloni, ensuring each pasta shell is well covered. Sprinkle the remainder of your mozzarella cheese and all of your grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Place your dish in your preheated oven and let it bake for 25-30 minutes until it’s beautifully bubbly and golden.
- Allow your dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving. This will make it easier to portion and it will still be piping hot!
There you have it – your very own homemade cheesy baked cannelloni. Enjoy this sumptuous meal and don’t forget to share your experiences in the comments below. Bon appétit from Ineskohl Kitchen!