This delicious recipe is irresistible, it can make you lighter with a few simple adjustments, and it is loved by children and adults.
Potato scallops are one of the “appetizers” foods served as a side dish on your trip, or as an item at dinner.
It is a classic recipe and is lighter with milk instead of heavy cream, with garlic, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and chicken nuggets.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiled chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 KG of potatoes, cut into slices after peeling them
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until it melts, then add the onion for 4-5 minutes until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant, then add the flour until it is evenly combined for a minute.
- Put the milk, salt, pepper, and a teaspoon of thyme, and continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
- At the same time, spray your favorite cooking oil on the potato slices, put half the amount in a tray, then add the boiled chicken pieces with a layer of creamy mixture, with a cup of grated cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Then add the rest of the potato slices, the remaining half of the cream sauce, and 1/2 cup of the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover the face for 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle the rest of the thyme on top of the tray, and serve warm.