Caramel corn is a sweet and crunchy snack that’s perfect for movie nights, road trips, or just as a treat any time of day. Here’s how to make a batch of delicious caramel corn that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Everyone agrees that popcorn is the ultimate snack! Sweet, salty, or chocolatey. Chef Ines has a recipe for caramel popcorn that’s sure you will love. Corn kernels are slowly baked in syrup to caramelize. You’ll never repurchase store-bought popcorn after trying this simple and easy recipe.
For how long can caramel popcorn be stored?
If stored properly, caramel popcorn can last for up to 2 weeks. To ensure its freshness, it is important to store the popcorn in an airtight container. This will help to keep it crunchy and prevent the caramel from becoming sticky or stale. You can also store the popcorn in the refrigerator, which will help to preserve its freshness for a longer period of time. However, it’s best to enjoy your caramel popcorn within the first week for the best flavor and texture. If you notice any signs of spoilage, such as a noticeable change in taste, smell, or appearance, it’s best to discard the popcorn to avoid any potential food-borne illnesses.
In this article from Ineskohl Kitchen, I will show you step-by-step how to prepare Caramel corn in just a few minutes.
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) popcorn kernels
- 250 ml (1 cup) margarine or butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) corn syrup
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla
- Heat oven to 250°F (120°C). Place the popcorn in a hot saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the kernels have popped. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, mix margarine, corn syrup, brown sugar, salt and bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and spread it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. ineskohl.info
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Serve.
If you liked this Caramel Corn Recipe, I recommend you visit Bars & Biscuits category for similar recipes.