Everyone agrees that popcorn is the ultimate snack! Sweet, salty, or chocolatey. Chef Ines has a recipe for caramel popcorn that’s sure you will love. Corn kernels are slowly baked in syrup to caramelize. You’ll never repurchase store-bought popcorn after trying this simple and easy recipe.
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) popcorn kernels
- 250 ml (1 cup) margarine or butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) corn syrup
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla
- Heat oven to 250°F (120°C). Place the popcorn in a hot saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the kernels have popped. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, mix margarine, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and spread it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Serve.