This fried rice is full of chicken, ham, shrimp, and vegetables and will remind you of what you get served in good Chinese restaurants. This homemade fried rice is an excellent way to pass leftover ham and chicken. Change the ingredients, depending on the leftovers you have.
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking time: 30min
Ready in: 40min
- 1 ½ cup uncooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 1 cup small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Steps of preparation
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. While the rice is cooking, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil to the pan and brown the onion, then add the garlic. When the garlic begins to brown, add the shrimp, ham, and chicken. Cook, stirring until the shrimp turn pink.
- Reduce heat to medium and add celery, carrots, bell pepper, and peas. Fry until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add beaten egg and cook; keep stirring until egg is scrambled and cooked.
- When the rice is cooked, add it to the pan and pour in the soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
If you liked this Fantastic Fried Rice recipe, I recommend you visit Dinner category for similar recipes.