Dive into the world of crunch and fluff with Ineskohl Kitchen’s perfect Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies! Experience the melt-in-your-mouth magic of chewy insides and crispy outsides. A cookie sensation you don’t want to miss!
- 2 ¼ cups (or 270 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepping the Dry Mix: In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Give this mixture a quick whisk to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Creaming the Butter and Sugars: Into a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, drop in your room temperature unsalted butter. Pour in both the granulated sugar and the light brown sugar. Mix until you achieve a smooth, fluffy consistency. Remember to occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all ingredients.
- Incorporating the Eggs: One at a time, add in your eggs, ensuring the first is fully mixed before adding the second. Follow this with the vanilla extract, blending until everything is well-combined.
- Integrating the Dry Mix: Gradually incorporate the flour mixture you set aside earlier. Be cautious not to overmix; stop when just combined.
- The Final Touch: Using a spatula, fold in the toasted, chopped pecans and semisweet chocolate chips. Ensure these are evenly distributed throughout your cookie dough.
- Shaping and Baking: Scoop out uniform portions of your cookie dough using a 1.5 tablespoon ice cream scooper, placing them on a baking sheet. Ensure there’s ample space between each portion as they’ll spread during baking. Pop the tray into a preheated oven at 350°F (or 177°C) and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn a beautiful golden brown. The center should remain soft and chewy.
- Cool and Enjoy: Once out of the oven, allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack. Let them cool completely, and then they’re ready to be devoured!
Storing and Serving Tips:
- Storage: If you somehow resist eating them all immediately, store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll remain fresh and delicious for up to a week. For longer storage, you can also freeze your cookies. Just ensure they’re separated by parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together.
- Warm it Up: Reheat a cookie for about 10 seconds in the microwave for that fresh-out-of-the-oven feel, but be careful not to overdo it. The chocolate should be slightly melted, and the cookie should be warm to the touch.
- Serve with a Side: These cookies pair excellently with a cold glass of milk or a cup of hot coffee. Dive into the crispy and chewy delight with your preferred beverage for a comforting snack.
- If you prefer your cookies thinner and crunchier, consider using only granulated sugar and extend the baking time slightly.
- For a nut-free version, simply omit the pecans.
- Store any leftover dough in the fridge for a fresh batch on-demand!
Thank you for baking with Ineskohl Kitchen. Drop your feedback in the comments and happy baking!