Hello, dear readers! Today on Ineskohl Kitchen, I’m excited to bring you my deliciously sweet, crunchy, and rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls recipe. They are traditionally made during festive seasons, but why limit ourselves, right? Let’s make every day a celebration! This recipe was inspired by a cherished family member, and they’ve since become a favorite year-round treat. They make great gifts for occasions like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Easter too!
- 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups of crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- For the chocolate coating:
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening
- Start by taking a small saucepan. Add in your unsalted butter and melt it over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, stir in the vanilla extract. Turn off the heat.
- Add the peanut butter to the pan. Stir until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth. If needed, turn the heat back on to medium to help everything blend faster. source: Ineskohl.info
- In a large bowl, combine the crispy rice cereal and confectioners’ sugar. Pour the butter and peanut butter mixture over it.
- Now, it’s time for some stirring! Blend everything together until the sugar isn’t visible anymore. This step requires a bit of patience, but it will ensure that the sugar and cereal are fully coated with the creamy peanut butter mixture.
- After mixing, you’re ready to form the balls. Use a small ice cream scoop or a spoon to create even portions of the mixture. Drop them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Wet your hands slightly to prevent the mixture from sticking, then roll the portions into round balls.
- Place the balls into the fridge to set. They will need a few hours to harden, but you can also leave them overnight for convenience.
- When the balls are ready, prepare the chocolate coating. Combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in a bowl and melt them in a microwave. Be sure to stir the mixture every 15 seconds to ensure it melts evenly.
- Dip the chilled peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated. Place them back onto the baking sheet.
- Pop the tray back into the fridge for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
And there you have it, dear friends, a batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls that are as delightful to present as gifts as they are to eat. These scrumptious delights strike a perfect balance between sweetness, creaminess, and crunchiness. Get creative and try them out this weekend! Don’t forget to share your creations on social media and tag me – I love seeing your versions! Happy cooking, everyone!