Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make casserole recipe that is perfect for a family dinner or special occasion? Try this Creamy Broccoli Casserole recipe! This dish is packed with healthy veggies and a creamy, cheesy sauce that everyone will love.
Creamy Broccoli Casserole is a delicious and nutritious side dish that is perfect for any occasion. Made with fresh broccoli, creamy cheese sauce, and a crispy bread crumb topping, this casserole is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
This Creamy Broccoli Casserole is not only delicious, but it’s also loaded with nutrients, including fiber, vitamins C and K, and calcium. Plus, it’s a great way to get picky eaters to eat their veggies! Serve this casserole as a side dish for a family dinner or bring it to a potluck or holiday gathering.
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Begin by steaming your broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes until they are tender but still crisp. Drain the broccoli and set it aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, whisk in 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour until it forms a smooth paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in 1 1/2 cups of milk, and continue to stir until the mixture has thickened and begins to bubble. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Add in 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of black pepper, 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp. of onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the saucepan and stir to coat the broccoli in the cheese sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp. of melted butter.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the broccoli mixture.
- Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
- Serve the casserole hot and enjoy!
This Creamy Broccoli Casserole is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, with its tender broccoli and deliciously creamy sauce. Plus, it’s a great way to get your family to eat their veggies!