Hey there, foodies! I’m so excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes – Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread! Trust me, it’s super easy and oh-so-tasty. This mouthwatering combo of sweet and tart flavors will definitely make your taste buds dance with joy. Ready to whip up this delightful treat in under an hour? Let’s get started!
Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?
Absolutely! If you want to use frozen blueberries, just make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess moisture. I’ve got a handy tip for you: place the frozen blueberries on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any liquid while they thaw. Works like a charm!
Can I use a different type of berry in this recipe?
Yes, feel free to get creative! You can swap out the blueberries for raspberries, blackberries, or even strawberries. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary slightly depending on the moisture content of the fruit.
How long will this bread stay fresh?
Your Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature when stored in an airtight container. If you want to keep it fresh for even longer, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (300g)
- 1 cup vegan sugar (200g)
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter (120ml)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (120ml)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt (120ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120g)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare a bread pan by either greasing it liberally or lining it with parchment paper (I like to spray a little oil to help the paper stick).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the blueberries to the mixture and gently fold them in, making sure they’re coated with the flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vegan sugar, melted vegan butter, unsweetened applesauce, non-dairy yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon zest, and juice. Give it a good whisk until everything is well combined. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Carefully pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing them together with a spatula. Remember not to overmix, as it can result in a dense bread.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan, filling it no more than two-thirds of the way full. If you have any leftover batter, you can make mini muffins!
- Pop the pan in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the bread is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. You can adjust the consistency by adding more sugar or juice, as needed.
- Once the bread is done baking and has cooled completely, drizzle the lemon glaze over the top. Voilà! Your scrumptious Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread is ready to be devoured!
This delightful bread is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. And don’t forget those mini muffins – they make the cutest little treats to stash in the freezer for later! Enjoy, and happy baking!