Welcome to Ineskohl Kitchen, y’all! Today, I’m excited to share with you my one-of-a-kind, finger-lickin’ good slow cooker ribs recipe that will have your family and friends begging for more.
I take my ribs seriously, and I can assure you that this unique method brings out the most incredible flavors and tenderness you’ve ever tasted in a rib dish.
In this recipe, we combine a beautiful blend of spices and smother the ribs in a rich barbecue sauce to create a heavenly aroma that fills your home as they cook. Slow cooking not only makes these ribs fall-off-the-bone tender but also ensures that every bit of flavor is absorbed, creating a truly unforgettable dish.
So, whether you’re preparing for a backyard barbecue or a cozy family dinner, this scrumptious slow cooker ribs recipe will have everyone raving. Grab your apron, and let’s get cookin’!
How can I make this recipe spicier?
To add some extra heat, you can increase the amount of chili powder or add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the spice mix. Adjust according to your personal taste and heat tolerance.
Can I cook the ribs on high instead of low in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can cook the ribs on high, but you’ll need to reduce the cooking time. Typically, cooking on high will take about 4-5 hours. Keep an eye on the ribs to ensure they don’t overcook and become dry.
Do you have any suggestions for a homemade barbecue sauce to use in this recipe?
A homemade barbecue sauce can truly elevate this dish! Combine 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke in a saucepan. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to suit your taste preferences.
- 3-4 lbs spare ribs (or baby back ribs)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Begin by cutting the spare ribs into two equal portions to fit into your slow cooker.
- Flip the ribs to expose the backside, and carefully remove the thick membrane covering the ribs. This step ensures better flavor absorption.
- Pat the ribs dry using a paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix the spices thoroughly.
- Evenly coat both sides of the ribs with the spice mixture. Gently press the spices onto the meat to ensure they adhere well.
- Place one portion of the seasoned ribs into the slow cooker. (Source: Ineskohl.info)
- Pour half of the barbecue sauce over the ribs, using a brush to spread it evenly.
- Position the second portion of ribs on top of the first and cover with the remaining barbecue sauce. Spread the sauce evenly using the brush.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the ribs on low heat for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the tender ribs from the slow cooker, being cautious not to let them fall apart.
- Serve the ribs as they are or remove the bones, shred the meat, and use it to create a delicious sandwich.
Enjoy these delectable slow cooker ribs that fill your home with an irresistible aroma. Bon appétit!