- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoonful apple juice or water
- 400 g Puff Pastry
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon or more cinnamon
- Oil for deep frying or use an air fryer
- 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- pinch or two of salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
For the cinnamon sugar:
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp white sugar
Steps to follow
- Peel the granny smith apples, slice them, cut the core and remove it. Cut the apple into small slices.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the apple slices, brown sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg powder, ground cinnamon; stir the ingredients, add a sprinkle of salt and continue stirring.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla unsalted butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- In a small bowl, mix water or apple juice and all-purpose flour or cornstarch to make some slurry; mix these 2 ingredients well, then add them to the pan with other ingredients. Make sure you constantly stir because this can cause lumps. (source: ineskohl.info )
- Cook these ingredients in the pan for a few minutes while stirring; make sure it does not dry out. It must be runny.
- Remove the filling from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Get a block of puff pastry usually found in the supermarket’s freezer. and roll it very thin (roll thinner than 1/4 inch ) if it sticks to the rolling pin; just lightly dust your rolling pin with flour. Form the pastry dough to a square; cut the square to 4 squares equally with a knife.
- Now take one of these squares and put 3 tbsp of the filling in it, brush the edges with a little water to seal it, fold it over, and seal it with a fork so the filling does not come out. Keep the others squares covered with a towel while you work on this. do the same thing to the other 3 left squares. source: ineskohl.info
- Fry in preheated oil at 350F for 6 or 7 minutes until golden brown, then drain them do not use a paper towel for drain, just leave it on the wire rack.
- In a small bowl, make some cinnamon sugar 2 tsp of sugar, and 1 sprinkle of cinnamon mix together, then sprinkle this cinnamon sugar on these pies while they are hot. Serve and enjoy
I enjoy your recipes. I do not know centimeters. Why do you not allow us to print your recipes? Do you have any recipe books to buy? I do not understand some of your recipes as they do not seem to match the picture. Please use all our measurements. Thank you, Rachel Clayton