Indulge in the exotic flavors of summer with Ineskohl Kitchen’s Hawaiian Poke Cake. This delectable dessert combines French vanilla cake, creamy coconut and vanilla pudding, tropical pineapple, and whipped cream to create a mouth-watering treat. With step-by-step instructions, you’ll find this recipe easy to follow, making it perfect for any occasion.
- 1 box of French vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 package of coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 package of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 container of frozen whipped topping or 3 cups of fresh whipped cream
- 1 can of crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved for the cake
- 4 cups of milk
- Maraschino cherries and/or pineapple slices for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Preheat Your Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Cake Batter: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix as per the instructions on the box. Replace water with 1 cup of pineapple juice drained from your crushed pineapple. Beat the mixture using an electric hand mixer until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Prepare the Baking Pan: Spray a 9×13 deep dish pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the Batter: Gently pour your cake batter into the pan, making sure it’s spread evenly.
- Bake the Cake: Place the pan in the oven and bake for 22 to 26 minutes.
- Prepare the Pudding Mixture: While the cake is baking, combine the coconut cream and vanilla pudding mixes with the milk in a large bowl. Beat together until slightly thickened but still pourable.
- Poke Holes in the Cake: Once the cake is done, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke evenly spaced holes throughout the cake.
- Pour the Pudding: Pour the pudding mixture over the warm cake, ensuring that it fills the poked holes.
- Add Pineapple: Spread drained pineapple over the pudding mixture. (You may also mix it with the pudding mixture if you prefer.)
- Chill the Cake: Cover the cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Add Whipped Cream: After chilling, top the cake with a layer of whipped cream or Cool Whip, spreading it evenly. Feel free to create a swirl effect with the back of the spoon.
- Garnish: Sprinkle toasted shredded coconut flakes on top. Add maraschino cherries or pineapple slices if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your Hawaiian Poke Cake is ready! Slice and enjoy the tropical goodness!
Visit https://ineskohl.info to discover this recipe and more culinary inspirations. Whether you’re hosting a summer party or simply craving a sweet escape, this Hawaiian Poke Cake is your ticket to paradise!