Welcome to another delicious recipe at Ineskohl Kitchen! Today, I’m thrilled to share with you a sweet and tangy treat – our Lemon Delight. This recipe is super easy to make, with layers of citrusy goodness, creamy texture, and a crunch that makes your taste buds sing. Here’s how you can make your own Lemon Bliss Bars at home:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 oz package of pecan chips (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter or margarine
- 8 oz block of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of Cool Whip, divided
- Two 3.4 oz boxes of lemon-flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 2/3 cups of milk
- Extra pecan chips for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In your stand mixer, combine the all-purpose flour and pecan chips. Mix until it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Add the butter to the mixture and continue to blend until it forms a loose dough.
- Spread the dough evenly in an 8-inch by 11-inch baking dish, pressing it down to form a firm crust.
- Bake the crust in your preheated oven for around 15 minutes. After baking, set it aside to cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare your first creamy layer. In your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it’s fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese, mixing on low speed to avoid making a mess.
- Scrape the sides of your mixing bowl and add 1 cup of Cool Whip to the mixture. Blend on low speed just until it’s evenly incorporated.
- Layer this creamy mixture over your cooled crust, spreading it evenly.
- For the lemon layer, whisk together the lemon-flavored instant pudding mix and milk in a separate bowl until all lumps are dissolved.
- Pour this lemony goodness over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill your Lemon Bliss Bars in the refrigerator until the pudding layer sets.
- Once set, spread the remaining Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with extra pecan chips for that extra crunch.
- Chill the bars once more to firm up before slicing into bars for serving.
And there you have it! Your very own Lemon Bliss Bars – a perfect treat for all lemon dessert lovers. This delightful dessert is sure to become a favorite at your next family gathering or potluck. Enjoy!