A comforting meal of spaghetti, baked and gratinated. Perfect for family dinners.
Preparation: 25min ‘ Cooking: 1h ‘ Ready in : 1h25min
- 1 can (454 g) spaghetti
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jar (1 liter) vegetarian spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cottage cheese, divided
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 13 x 9″ baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook ground beef with onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with parmesan and butter. Add the cooked spaghetti and mix to cover with butter. Place half of the spaghetti on the bottom of the baking dish, then spread half of the cottage cheese, half of the sauce, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers: spaghetti, cottage cheese, sauce, mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes more, until cheese is melted and golden brown.