Dive into a sweet treat that’s a fusion of crunchy oatmeal and creamy chocolate peanut butter. Easy to make and no baking required, these bars are perfect for any occasion.
Dip into Ineskohl Kitchen’s delectable No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars. A luscious blend of creamy chocolate-peanut butter and crunchy oats, these easy-to-make bars are perfect for gatherings, snacks, or a dessert treat.
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/3 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract (to enhance flavor)
- Preparation: Begin by prepping an 8×8-inch baking pan. If you’re not using a non-stick or stoneware pan, lightly grease it to ensure easy removal later.
- Melt the Butter: In a large saucepan, melt the 3/4 cup of butter over low heat.
- Add Brown Sugar: Once melted, stir in the 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in Oats: Gently fold in the 2 1/3 cups of quick cooking oats. Ensure the oats are well coated with the butter and sugar mixture. Allow this to sit on low heat, letting the butter absorb into the oats for a few minutes.
- Prepare Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mix: Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter and 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Constantly stir over low heat until the chocolate chips are fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Layer the Oats: Take half of your oat mixture and spread it across the bottom of your prepped baking pan. Press it down firmly—this will be the base of your bars. An ice cream scoop or the back of a spatula works great for this.
- Spread Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layer: Pour your chocolate-peanut butter mix over the oat layer, ensuring it reaches all corners of the pan.
- Top with Remaining Oats: Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture over the chocolate layer. Lightly press it down, but not too much—this will help maintain a distinct creamy chocolate center.
- Refrigerate: Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or ideally overnight, to set the bars.
- Serve and Enjoy: Before serving, allow the bars to sit out for about 30 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into squares and serve!
Tips for Presentation:
- Plate Decor: A light dusting of cocoa powder or powdered sugar over the plate can elevate the presentation. Place the bar on top, and maybe add a few chocolate chips or a drizzle of melted chocolate for an added touch.
- Herb Garnish: A sprig of fresh mint adds color and a touch of sophistication when placed next to your bar on the plate.