Discover how to make Cheesy Garlic Bread with this step-by-step recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen! This delightful treat is perfect as a side or a satisfying snack. Easy to prepare, rich in flavor, and utterly irresistible.
Cheesy Garlic Bread that you can serve as a side dish or enjoy as a scrumptious snack. It’s perfect for any occasion and will be a hit with everyone who loves garlic and cheese!
- 2 Italian style hoagie buns
- 4 oz low moisture mozzarella cheese, block form
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (jarred)
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare the Spread: In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, salt, garlic powder, dried parsley, minced garlic, shredded Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Stir well with a spatula to make a cohesive spread.
- Prep the Buns: Split the Italian hoagie buns in half lengthwise using a serrated knife. Be careful while cutting to avoid injury. Place the sliced buns on a cookie sheet.
- Apply the Spread: Spread the butter mixture generously over the open face of the buns. Ensure you cover all the way to the edges to create a thick and even layer.
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the Bread: Place the buns in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. This will melt the butter and lightly toast the edges of the bread.
- Grate the Cheese: While the bread is baking, grate the mozzarella cheese using a box grater. If you prefer, you can also use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add Cheese Topping: Remove the bread from the oven, and evenly top with the shredded mozzarella cheese, ensuring full coverage.
- Broil the Bread: Switch the oven to broil and place the bread under the broiler for 1.5 to 2 minutes, watching carefully to brown the cheese without burning.
- Serve and Enjoy: The Cheesy Garlic Bread is ready when the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Serve hot with marinara sauce or as a side to your favorite pasta dish.
- Ensure you use low moisture mozzarella; fresh mozzarella may make a mess.
- Keep a close eye while broiling as the cheese can burn quickly.
Your Cheesy Garlic Bread is now ready to be devoured. It’s an absolute delight with its gooey, stringy cheese and the tantalizing taste of garlic. Serve it up and watch it disappear!