Beef stew. When we talk about spoon dishes, we always think of traditional recipes, the ones we have always had. Those that our grandmothers used to cook and that we miss so much. This beef stew is a very easy to prepare and very complete recipe. You only have to include the ingredients in a large pot or casserole and wait for it to cook. For that reason, although it is a recipe that is not prepared at the moment, you can dedicate yourself to other things while it is cooking. To give more flavor to our beef stew, we are going to add a little bit of olive oil. Let’s see how to prepare this recipe, for this; we will need the following ingredients:
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 800g of beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 50ml of crushed tomato
- 150ml meat or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
HOW TO MAKE THE BEEF STEW
- Put a dash of oil in a large pot and heat it over high heat. When it is hot, add the meat previously seasoned with salt and pepper and cut into bite-size cubes. Let them cook for about 2 minutes on all sides. When golden brown, remove from the heat and reserve them on a plate.
- Then, in the same pot, lower the heat and add the onion and garlic, all finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper and let it cook for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time. This will be the base of our beef stew. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Once this is done, add the diced carrots and correct the salt and pepper. Let the carrots cook together with the sauce for about 2 minutes, stirring again from time to time.
- Next, we add the crushed tomato, which will give a lot of flavor to our beef stew. Season with salt and pepper and add the teaspoon of thyme. Stir to integrate all the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes more, always keeping the fire at medium heat.
- After this time, we return to the beef pot that we had reserved. Stir to integrate everything again. Add salt and pepper and cover. Let our beef stew cook for about 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- After this time, add the diced potatoes and stir again to mix all the ingredients. Let everything cook for another 30 minutes until the potato is ready. Finally, remove the beef and potato stew from the heat and serve.
- As you can see, the elaboration of our beef stew takes a little time in the kitchen since it has slow cooking. That is the secret to making a delicious spoon dish. Take advantage of a family or friends gathering and surprise them with this recipe; more than one of them will want to taste it again.