For those who don’t know, Chimichanga are part of the Mexican tradition as far as gastronomy is concerned. For this recipe, there are many variations when it is prepared. In this article, we will teach you how to cook some ground beef Chimichanga. Super simple, short cooking time and ideal for a family lunch, for dinner, as a main dish or as a side dish.
The ingredients are easy to get and you can even have many of them already at home. It is also a fairly affordable dish because the ingredients are not expensive and everyone will love it at home. So keep reading and get ready to prepare these delicious ground beef Chimichanga.
- 2.2 lb of ground beef
- 3 chilies of your preference
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- Flour for tortillas or ready-made tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 5 leaves of lettuce
- Oil or butter
- 1 can of corn kernels
- Grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons of flour
How to make ground beef Chimichanga
- Strip and clean well the chilies you choose to incorporate in the recipe.
- Fry them for 2 to 3 minutes in a pan with oil or butter. (It’s depend on your preference).
- In the same pan, fry the meat with the sliced onion, the garlic. When it is ready, add the flour and mix well. Add also the corn, the tomatoes and the chilies, cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Place the tortillas to bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees centigrade.
- Once they are ready, fill them with the meat stew and add pepper to taste and grated cheese (the one you have chosen).
- Finally, fry them in oil for 5 minutes on each side until they are golden.
At the moment of serving, you can put a litter of lettuce and over it, the Chimichanga. You can also serve it with a salad of lettuce, carrots, grated cheese and some parsley.
This recipe is very simple to prepare and can be served as a main dish or as an afternoon snack.