Salads are foods that everyone likes because they taste delicious. They are easy to make, and above all, they are affordable. One of the many salads that we can find in our recipe book is the cold pasta salad, a dish that will not take us more than 20 minutes to make, although afterward, it has to be put in the fridge for about an hour to get the right temperature.
- 350 grams of pasta (the one we like the most)
- 4 cans of tuna in olive oil
- 1 can of sweet corn.
- 150 grams of pickles in vinegar.
- 100 grams of pitted olives (black or green)
- 2 boiled eggs.
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper (canned voucher)
- Oregano and fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Prepare the pasta salad:
- We will begin by heating water in a saucepan, and when it begins to boil, we will add a little oil and put the pasta we have chosen. As not all pasta is the same, it is best to see the manufacturer’s recommendations and follow them.
- When there are 12 minutes left to cook the pasta, wash the eggs carefully to remove any dirt they may have and put them in the water to let them cook at the same time as the pasta has just been made.
- While it cooks, we will be chopping well all the ingredients: the red bell pepper and the gherkins, we will slice the olives, or we will cut them in half (as we like them more), and we will put all this in a bowl next to the corn and the tuna.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, we will separate the eggs and put them under cold water to cut their cooking and let them cool down so that they can be peeled more easily. On the other hand, we will drain the pasta well in a drainer.
- Peel the eggs, chop them finely to incorporate them into the bowl, and finally add the pasta, stirring well to mix the flavors. The macaroni is well covered with oil.
- The last step is to add a little salt, oregano and chop the basil very finely, put it in the fridge for one or two hours, and it will be ready to eat at any time.
When we add the tuna to the bowl, if it is of good quality and olive oil, we can take advantage of the oil from one or two cans to give flavor to the salad, but we will not add too much.