Delicious patties that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
- 2 Salmon steaks
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 grated onion
- 80g Flour
- 80g Breadcrumbs
- Dried basil
- Espelette pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Peel and cook the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes beforehand. Reduce them in the puree. Mix with butter and fresh cream. Add salt and nutmeg to your mashed potatoes and let cool.
- In a frying pan, place the salmon steaks on the skin side. Let them sear for 3 minutes over high heat, then cover and lower the heat to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Add salt and pepper to the salmon. Flake the salmon and let cool.
- Vigorously mix the crumbled salmon pieces, the mashed potatoes, the grated onion, and the lemon juice. Adjust the taste if necessary. The paste should be homogeneous.
- Shape into small patties or balls.
- In the first soup plate, pour a little flour, in a second one an egg is beaten in omelet and in a third one, some breadcrumbs. (Season your breadcrumbs with salt, Espelette pepper and dried basil)
- Form patties with the fish and potato preparation, pass them on both sides in the first plate of flour, then of egg and finally of breadcrumbs.
- Cook them for 10 minutes in a frying bath. Let them cool down and enjoy them with a salad of your choice.