Today I want to show you an ideal recipe to accompany your meat recipes, especially barbecued meats. It is the famous “American ranch sauce” or ranch sauce. With it, your barbecues, grills, and friends’ meetings will have an exceptional flavor.
It is a simple recipe that is also very good as a sauce or dressing for salads. It is so tasty that you will enjoy it with all kinds of dishes, sandwiches, grilled meat… Made with simple ingredients, it will surely be in your fridge from now on.
- 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 hot green chili
- chives for garnish
- salt and pepper
How to make the famous American ranch sauce
- Chop the parsley finely and set it aside. Do the same with the chives.
- We also chop the garlic cloves, the onion, and the chili or hot bell pepper into very small pieces.
- Mix the yogurt with the mayonnaise in a bowl, whisking until well blended.
- Add two teaspoons of chopped chives, the green chili, and the parsley, stirring until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a couple of teaspoons of olive oil.
- Mix well again and serve, sprinkling the ranchera sauce with chopped chives.
We use the ranch sauce to accompany grilled meats such as our American barbecue pack for 4-6 people.
You can use liquid cream instead of yogurt.
If you want, you can make another version of the ranch sauce with the same ingredients but without mayonnaise or yogurt, using grated ripe tomatoes.
In that case, you should make the mixture on the fire, starting with the garlic and onion, and then add the chili and tomato.
When the water is reduced, turn off the heat and add the aromatic herbs.
Both are known as ranchera sauce, although the one we recommend today, made with yogurt and mayonnaise, is milder and excellent for red meats, white meats, and poultry.