Want to impress your friends with an excellent and tasty appetizer? Dare to try the potato muffins! A real revelation in the mouth. Melt-in-your-mouth and fragrant, these muffins are sure to be a hit. Simple to make, they will only take a few minutes to prepare. Let’s go! Let’s get started!
Serving 6 People
Preparation 20 min
Cooking time 30 min
- Half kilo of potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 30 ml heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons of grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- Spices (nutmeg, cumin, curry…)
- Preheat your oven to th.6-7 (200°C). In the meantime, peel and wash the potatoes, cut them roughly, and cook them for 10 min in the pressure cooker.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat once the potatoes are cooked, mashed potatoes, and add the melted butter and beaten eggs. Mix well, add salt and pepper and the spice of your choice.
- Then add all the other ingredients: flour, cream, and yeast. Mix again. You should obtain a fairly consistent dough.
- Lightly butter a muffin tin, and fill it with small batter piles. Do not fill the pan to the brim, as the muffins will puff up in the oven.
- Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, keeping an eye on the coloring, then remove from the pan and enjoy hot, warm, or even cold. A real treat!
You can have fun making a flowing heart: just fill the muffin tins halfway, put a small piece of Kiri (or another cheese), and put a little bit of dough on top. Place in the oven the same way and enjoy the surprise for your guests!