This Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe recipe is delicious and quick to prepare. It will be ready in just 30 minutes. Everyone loves it, especially the little ones.
Can I make Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker except cheese, and let it cook for five hours, but I do not recommend using a slow cooker, you can instead use a skillet to finish the cooking in just a few minutes instead of hours.
How to store Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe?
To store Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe, Put the filling (without buns) in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for 4 days. If you want to use it, put it in the microwave for 60 seconds only, or you can reheat the filling in a pan over medium heat while continuing to stir so that the filling does not burn, and do not forget to add a little water if the filling is dry.
Can I freeze Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe?
Yes, you can! Just put it in an airtight container and put it in the freezer. It can be kept in the freezer for two and a half months.
In Ineskohl Kitchen, You will learn how to prepare Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe in 30 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef, 80% or 90% lean
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 6 hamburger buns brioche
- 8 oz provolone cheese sliced
- 1 cup beef broth slurry
- Add lean ground beef to an iron skillet over heat. Keep stirring the ground beef until it turns brown. Remove the ground beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, add diced onion, diced green bell pepper, mushrooms, and the previously cooked ground beef. mix all ingredients
- Add salt, pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth slurry. mix all ingredients.
- Add provolone cheese and continue mixing until the cheese melts.
- Use a large spoon to put the filling on top of the hamburger buns.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you liked this Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe recipe, I recommend you visit the Dinner category for similar recipes.