This “Poor Man Casserole” is creamy and flavorful, and it’s a great way to feed a crowd without breaking the bank. Serve it with your favorite vegetables on the side, and enjoy a warm and hearty meal on a cold winter night.
This Poor Man Husband Casserole is a simple and budget-friendly meal that is perfect for busy weeknights or cozy family dinners. It’s a hearty and delicious dish that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
So why not give this classic recipe a try? It’s easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and is packed full of flavor. Your family will love it, and it’s sure to become a new favorite in your household.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded cheese (any variety you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Add the Italian seasoning, minced garlic, tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir everything together until well combined, and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the cooked egg noodles to the skillet with the ground beef mixture and stir everything together.
- Spread the noodle mixture in a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread the cream cheese and sour cream mixture over the top of the noodle mixture. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of everything.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I have a few tips to share for making the perfect Poor Man Husband Casserole. This classic dish is simple to make and budget-friendly, making it a go-to meal for busy families.
- Firstly, if you want to add some extra flavor to the casserole, consider adding some diced onions, garlic, or bell peppers to the beef mixture. These ingredients will add depth and complexity to the dish and take it to the next level.
- Secondly, if you want to make the casserole ahead of time, you can assemble it up to the point of baking and then cover it with foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to bake it, simply remove the foil and bake it according to the recipe instructions.
- Thirdly, if you want to make the casserole a bit healthier, consider swapping out ground beef for ground turkey or chicken. You can also use whole wheat pasta instead of traditional elbow macaroni to increase the fiber and nutrient content of the dish.
- Finally, if you’re looking to change things up a bit, you can experiment with different types of cheese. Try using a combination of cheddar and mozzarella or adding some Parmesan cheese on top for a more complex flavor profile.
- With these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and satisfying Poor Man Husband Casserole that your family will love. It’s a classic dish that is easy to make, budget-friendly, and sure to become a family favorite.
Do you have recipe for all these great recipe, or app