Taco Stuffed Shells is a delicious and creative twist on traditional tacos that combines the flavors of Mexican cuisine with Italian pasta. The recipe features jumbo pasta shells filled with seasoned ground beef and black bean mixture, topped with a cheesy sour cream sauce, and baked to perfection. This flavorful and satisfying dish can be customized with your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, or chopped avocado. Taco Stuffed Shells are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a crowd-pleasing party dish. With this recipe, you can enjoy the flavors of tacos and pasta in a single dish that is sure to become a family favorite.
Follow this recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen, to get the perfect Taco Stuffed Shells ever.
Serving: 4-6 People
Kitchen: Mexican and Italian
Author: Ineskohl Kitchen
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package of jumbo pasta shells
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain the excess grease. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Incorporate the taco seasoning mix into the ground beef and mix thoroughly. Add the black beans, corn, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take the skillet off the heat source and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and green onions.
- Stuff each cooked jumbo pasta shell with the ground beef mixture, using a spoon or your fingers.
- Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish, ensuring a tight fit.
- Pour the cheese and sour cream mixture over the top of the stuffed shells, covering them well.
- Bake the stuffed shells in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tip: You can add your favorite toppings to the stuffed shells, such as diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, or chopped avocado.
Here are some pro tips to make the perfect Taco Stuffed Shells:
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells al dente. Overcooked shells will become too soft and will break apart while stuffing.
- Use lean ground beef to reduce the amount of grease in the dish.
- Add a small amount of water to the taco seasoning mix to make it easier to incorporate into the ground beef.
- Mix the cheese and sour cream sauce in a separate bowl before adding it to the stuffed shells. This will ensure that the sauce is evenly distributed and does not clump together.
- Cover the baking dish with foil before baking to keep the stuffed shells moist and prevent them from drying out.
- Let the stuffed shells cool for a few minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Customize the recipe by adding your favorite toppings, such as sliced olives, diced bell peppers, or hot sauce.
By following these pro tips, you can make the perfect Taco Stuffed Shells that are sure to impress your family and friends.