We’re diving into a simple, scrumptious dish that doubles as both a satisfying lunch and a tasty dinner. We’re crafting a taco salad featuring crunchy Doritos. Let’s gather our ingredients and get started.
- 2 lbs (around 907 grams) of ground beef
- 2 packets (1 oz each) of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of Doritos chips
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 large onion, diced
- A handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of black olives, sliced
- A handful of green onions, chopped
- French dressing as needed
Remember, the beauty of this salad lies in its flexibility. Feel free to add or omit ingredients as per your preference.
- Begin by heating a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add your diced onion.
- Saute the onion until it becomes translucent. The aroma of cooking onions should start wafting through your kitchen, setting the stage for our delightful taco salad.
- Next, introduce the ground beef into the pan. Use a meat chopper or a spatula to break the beef into smaller bits. Continue stirring until the meat browns thoroughly.
- After the beef is properly cooked, you might notice some grease accumulating in the pan. Using a couple of paper towels, soak up the extra fat for a healthier salad.
- Now, it’s time to spice things up. Sprinkle in your taco seasoning packets, followed by the corn. Give it all a good mix to ensure even distribution of flavor. Taste the mix and adjust the seasoning as per your preference.
- After the beef mixture is ready, turn off the heat and let it sit. Meanwhile, prepare your salad base. source Ineskohl.info
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, shredded cheese, and olives. Toss these ingredients together to mix them well.
- Add in the prepared taco-flavored beef into the salad bowl. The portion you use will depend on your preference, but for a four-person serving, adding half of the prepared mixture should be enough.
- Next, give your salad a delightful crunch. Take a handful of Doritos, crush them lightly, and sprinkle them over your salad.
- Finally, drizzle your favorite French dressing over the salad, and give it one last mix. Your Dorito taco salad is now ready to be devoured!
There you have it! A simple, delicious, and colorful Dorito taco salad that’s perfect for a quick lunch or a filling dinner. This recipe is adaptable, inviting, and sure to be a hit in your home. Remember, you can always tailor it to your personal taste preferences. Happy cooking, and see you in the next post!