Preparing the Wendy’s Chili recipe is a great idea if you want to replicate the chili you get from Wendy’s but in a homemade style. It might not seem like a whole lot, but this is one of those cool, unique recipes that a lot of people will enjoy. With that being said, here is a great chili recipe that you can try out, and you will end up liking it more than you would expect.
The Wendy’s Chili recipe will take you around 15 minutes to prep, and the cooking time is around 1 hour and 20 minutes. It’s not something to whip up right away since it does take some time. But it gives you 10 servings, so that’s certainly quite a lot and it’s a very nutritious meal too.
In Ineskohl Kitchen blog, I will share with you my own recipe of preparing Wendy’s Chili at home.
What ingredients do you need for Wendy’s Chili?
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- A chopped green bell pepper
- 14 ounces of stewed tomatoes
- 14 ounces of can tomato sauce
- 10 ounces of diced tomatoes with some green chiles
- A cup of water
- 2 packages of chili seasoning
- 14 ounces of pinto beans and 14 ounces of kidney beans, both undrained
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- Ground black pepper and salt
How can you prepare the Wendy’s Chili recipe?
- You start preparing this recipe by placing a large pot at medium-high heat and heating the olive oil first. Then you add ground beef into the oil. This will form a large patty, and you can leave it to brown for around 10 minutes at most.
- After that, you must stir and the idea is to break your beef into smaller crumbles. You can continue cooking for 5 minutes or maybe until the meat is not pink anymore.
- Now you want to add bell pepper, onion, and celery into the mix, stir it for a few minutes, usually 5 minutes will be enough.
- Once you finish that, you have to add the diced tomatoes with green chiles, the tomato sauce, and the stewed tomatoes too. You want to break the large stewed tomato chunks if possible. Stir the chili seasoning, pinto, and kidney beans, and you can add pepper and salt. (source: ineskohl.info)
- Lastly, you want to bring everything to a boil, then you go to lower heat and simmer it for 60 minutes. In the end, you just mix some vinegar before you serve it.
The Wendy’s Chili recipe is one that might take a bit of getting used to, but it’s definitely great, very tasty and just a pleasure to enjoy. We highly recommend checking it out, especially if you want a homemade chili recipe from Wendy’s option. It’s very tasty and healthy too!
If you liked this Wendy’s Chili recipe, I recommend you visit Dinner category for similar recipes.