Baked chicken with mushroom sauce is one of the best-baked chicken recipes you can prepare if you have guests for dinner since it is easy to cook and it is meat that everyone usually likes. In addition, the sauce that accompanies it gives it a creamy touch and a lot of flavors.
You can accompany this dish with a Caesar salad with shrimp or tuna, and you will have a balanced meal.
We have detailed the steps to follow to cook this delicious chicken, taking into account that if you are more to eat, you will only have to increase the quantity of the ingredients proportionally. Let’s start!
- 1 kg. of chopped chicken
- 500 gr. of mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
Preparation of Baked Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- Clean the chicken well and remove the skin, and salt it. In a casserole with a good splash of olive oil, we put it to brown along with the garlic cloves cut into slices. Stir well.
- When it is browned on both sides, remove it and set it aside. Then cut the onion finely and the mushrooms in slices and sauté it in the same pan.
- Then add the chicken again and add the white wine and the sprig of thyme. When the alcohol has evaporated, sprinkle the chicken stock cube and pour the glass of water. Let it stew for half an hour over low heat.
- The cornflour will use it whenever we notice that the sauce does not have a suitable thickness. If this is the case, dissolve a spoonful in a small glass of water and add it. Rectify salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200º, and when the stew is ready, transfer it to a glass dish or tray and bake it for approximately 15 minutes.
- When it is time to plate it, remove the thyme and sprinkle a pinch of chopped parsley to give it more color and flavor. Enjoy!