Any pasta lovers in the room? Yes, we are also very pasta-friendly; that’s why this time, we bring you a delicious protein recipe of creamy pasta with Cajun-style chicken.
If you lead a busy lifestyle and don’t have much time to cook, this recipe is ideal for you because it is very easy and quick to prepare.
Its deliciously creamy sauce, vegetables, and more than generous amount of protein make it a healthy, balanced and filling dish.
But, best of all, you can prepare more for the whole week. What more could you ask for?
If you want to start preparing this delicious creamy pasta with Cajun chicken right now, don’t miss the step-by-step video explaining the recipe.
Servings: for 5 people
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 200 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 500 g chicken breast (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 500 g pasta
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 100 g light cream cheese
- Chopped chives for garnish
- First, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, mushrooms and bell pepper strips and cook for a few minutes until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- Add a little more olive oil to the pan if necessary and add the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken until it loses its pink color and add the vegetables with the Cajun seasoning and salt to taste. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Next, add the pasta and chicken broth, cover the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the cream cheese and stir to make a thick, creamy sauce.
- Serve on plates with chopped chives for garnish or wait to cool and store them in Tupperware for the week.