Colorful and full of fresh ingredients, this salad is a delicious ray of sunshine that heralds the coming of spring.
It is perfect as a quick meal or as a lunch to take to school or work. This summer will be perfect for your picnics.
- 1 16 oz (455 g) package thin spaghetti, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL), cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced salami, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL), black olives, chopped
- 8 oz (237 mL) Italian dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, usually 1 minute less (al dente), then drain. Add a drizzle of olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Refrigerate to cool.
- In a large bowl, pour cooled spaghetti and add tomatoes, cucumber, salami, pepper, red onion, and olives.
- Combine remaining ingredients, then pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
You’ll love this salad, bursting with color and flavor! All your colleagues will want to have your recipe!