This Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole is a tasty and consistent dish for the whole family. It is very easy to prepare and is also perfect for the little ones in the house.
- 1.2 kg of all-purpose potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 350 g of sausages to your taste (smoked, Frankfurt type, fresh sausages, Bratwurst…)
- 1 medium onion
- 120 g grated cheese for gratinating
- 250 ml of cooking liquid cream (milk cream)
- A good spoonful of mustard
- Salt, pepper, and nutmeg
- Peel and wash the onions and potatoes. Cut the onions into small pieces and the potatoes into thin slices.
- Heat a casserole with butter or oil and sauté the onion for a couple of minutes. Before it gets colored, add the sausages and let them brown a little.
- Add the sliced potatoes and stir a little to mix everything. Cook for about 10 minutes with the casserole covered and often stirring so that the potatoes become tender.
- When they are tender (but not broken up), add the cream, the mustard, and half of the cheese and stir a few times. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a baking tray. Cover with the rest of the cheese. Bake at 190 ºC under the broiler and grill for 5 minutes to brown the surface a little. Serve hot.
TIPS AND COMMENTS
With this quick Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole recipe, you have a perfect side dish for eggs or a single tasty dish, prepared in a few minutes.
We can substitute the onion for leeks.